I 20

September 2019

#1.

I’m From Poems

I read a few “I’m From” poems and I decided to do one of my own. I put it in my new about me ( https://thenotoriousnefelibata.edublogs.org/about-me/about-me-2/). It goes like this:

I’m from warm tea and aimless thoughts,

Belly laughs and absurd conversations.

I’m from broken bones,

Excited dog barks

And ice cream.

I’m from movie theaters and popcorn.

From late-night Marvel marathons and mid-day F.R.I.E.N.D.S re-runs.

I’m from Monopoly and Uno with family and friends;

From pillow forts and snowball fights.

I’m from hugs and tears.

I’m from a teasingly loving mother,

A joyful father,

And a beautifully souled sister.

I’m from daises in the meadow.

From friends knowing looks,

The chalk art on the sidewalk,

The inside jokes gone wild.

I’m from comfy sweaters on a Fall day.

I’m from thumb wars and “slap.”

From orange Fanta paired with sour cream and onion chips.

I’m from cotton candy and roller coasters.

I’m from jumping on trampolines (and beds).

From singing ABBA at the top of my lungs in the car when I was six,

From getting pulled over ‘cause we were speeding while singing ABBA at the top of our lungs when I was six. 

I am from so many things.

So many vibrant memories 

So many terrific people.

And for that, I’m the luckiest person in the world.

But I’m also from

F

A

L

L

I

N

G

I’m from the hate others gave,

From the time that took me to get to love myself again.

I’m from pain,

And the strength it gave me.

From learning it’s ok to fail,

From all the missteps,

From all the heartbreak. 

I’m from wishing I kept my mouth closed 

And from all the things I wished I said. 

I’m from insecurity and diffidence. 

I’m from the good and the bad 

And everything in between.

And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

#2.

Alyana & Sarah’s Posts

During a class I had the the fortunate opportunity to listen to two of my peers share posts that they made previously to display who they were. They were both so truthful and let themselves be vulnerable. The language was beautiful and it made me see who they really were.

Alyana’s poem is called “If Loving you Kills Me Tonight

Sarah’s poem is called “What is your Silence Like?

I think from these I was inspired to write something truly from my soul about who I was, so I wrote the poem Daisy.

October 2019

#1.

Tina

“You make me want to shoot a bullet through my head.”

“I think I should be a bio person.”

“Maintenance? What do you mean… maintenance is… the act of maintenance.”

“Are you actually writing that down?”

“You’re a fool!”

*Randomly starts screaming*

“Let’s get down to business to defeat the pons.

“Imagine having responsibilities over another person!”

*Dancing*

*Drinks pineapple juice*

“Add nutmeg…nutmeg…I don’t even know what nutmeg is.”

*Starts hysterically laughing –> has a break down*

“That took long years to research.”

“Are you obsessed with me?”

*something bad happens* “It’s fine, you know 10 out of 10.”

“You’re uncultured you…uncultured swine.”

*Starts hyperventilating*

“I FOUND STELLA AHHHHHHHHH!”

*starts singing All the Single Ladies*

“That was a nice workout.”

“What’s the thingy Nemo lives in?”

*Burps + Hiccups*

“Is Nemo a clownfish, he’s such a clown, *laughs at a joke*(not really a joke though)

*in a singsong voice* “What happens if I’ll die today I don’t know ‘cus I’ll be dead *laughs* that’s a funny one.”

“Imagine if cycle was like xylophone so it would be like matter xycyles.”

*screams like velociraptor*

“Jokes, loser!”

“You’re one freaky person, you’re so annoying why are you doing this?”

“I don’t like the way avocados taste.”

*Starts singing guacamole and ends in screams*

“I AM OK!” *everyone else*: “FOR NOT OK IS FINE. I’M FINE!”

“I’m a born and raised.” (Reeeeeeeeeally not though)

“Barks on a tree and dogs bark…hehehe” (reaching hysteria)

“In the best way possible… I promise in the best way possible you look like a really pretty young witch….IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE I SWEAR”

My friend Tina kept saying to use her for inspiration so I did. These are things she has said or done mostly in a facetime I had with her. This is inspiring because I am inspired to aggravate her every day she is currently swearing at me, so it’s working!

January 2019

#1.

Quote by Dan Brown which also quotes Napolean

Dan Brown once said “History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, ‘What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”

From this, I just barfed out how I felt about it at the time and here is what I got:

You don’t want to read the history books now, they say there are winners. There are no winners. There were murders claiming to bring safety and salvation but all they wanted was war. War is inevitable, it will happen. It has happened and it will happen again so then the victors can write their books and the conquered can go back into the cracks they came out of to come out once more later. But the victors go back in the cracks too because there are no victors. Don’t you see there is just bloodshed? Can’t you realize that at the start of the plane being blown up near Tarhan, innocent bloodshed was already taken? How could you not see? The rest of them, the voiceless, they saw. They screamed at you to see but you didn’t want peace. The loudest voices never want peace. We learn history so we can not repeat our mistakes but like a foolish child you touch the stove again and again so you can see the pain, but unlike that child, it is not just your pain. We have to feel that pain too, again and again. But you wanted chaos, you wanted fear so the scared and helpless will give you the power you crave.  But look at what you did. Look at the children dying. Look at the faces of the dead. Look at the faces of the alive but you can see in their eyes they are already gone. Look at the boy and the girl screaming and crying and asking where their mother is unbeknownst to them she’s lying dead under a pile of rubble. Do the ends justify your twisted means yet? Or do you need to see more?

~

I haven’t really written that much about these kinds of topics so I’m still working out the kinks and defining my voice a bit more but I want to eventually add to this and polish it into possibly a play or just a normal piece.

#2.

Marriage Story 

Marriage Story is a movie directed by Noah Baumbach and it starred Adam Driver and Scarlett Johanson. It tells the “love story of divorce.” There were many scenes that I found interesting and scenes that pulled at my heartstrings but I think the best one was a scene was when the main people were fighting.  Here is the last bit of that fight (WARNING it has adult language):

This scene revealed a lot about the characters and showed a lot of both their vulnerabilities. Even though they were fighting, in the end, it still showed the love the characters had for each other even if it wasn’t romantic love anymore. With inspiration from this, I would like to work on my own dialogue piece to show 2 individuals fighting even though they are still in love.

#3.

Fairytales

I heard somewhere once something along the lines of fairytales stop after the couple gets married so they can live happily ever after. However, I was thinking what would happen to say Snow White and Prince Charming after they got married? Maybe I’d say they’d have a child and that got me thinking of that family’s life. I am starting to plan out a play based on that idea and here are the character analysis’s I’ve done:

1. Alex (Daughter or Son of Prince Charming and Snow White)
    • The name Alex means “to defend”
    • Very passionate
    • Naive (grew up in a fairytale) –> doesn’t understand something could be evil and good at once
    • Sure of themselves so much so they may come across as cocky
    • Always wanting to prove themselves to others (loves praise)
    • In teenage years
    • Mission: kill Umber to achieve their fairytale ending
  2. Sorcerer/Umber (Believed villain to Alex; can be played by male or female)
    • The name Umber means “shade”
    • Family died so he was an orphan until he was brought in by a kind man. Unfortunately, the kind man died and he was left to fend for himself
    • Learned early life takes more than it gives, decides to take life back in the form of hurting the lives of others
    • Lives by his set of morals and never breaks them (duteous  to his mission)
    • Very rugged and doesn’t usually let people in, doesn’t trust anyone
    • Also comes across as broken and can have severe mood swings
    • In mid-years (older then Alex to dismiss any kind of romance between them)
    • Mission: to make people feel his loss so he won’t feel alone anymore
  3. Snow White (Mother of Alex)
    • Condescending & Manipulative but also caring (especially to Alex)
    • Wants the best for Alex but believes the best for Alex is what she thinks, not what Alex does
    • Self-righteous
    • Would do anything to keep her family  together
    • Overprotective of Alex
    • Overall she’s very loving and caring to Alex
  4. Prince Charming (Father of Alex)
    • Charismatic and Self-righteous
    • Can be manipulative when need be
    • Would do anything to keep his family image together
    • Overall he’s a very loving and caring father to Alex
  5. Mirror
    • Servant of Snow White
    • No one else knows it’s a magical mirror but Snow White

#4.

Prompt

I don’t remember where I saw this but it was something to do with the nature of human longing and how an individual’s life is shaped by such dreams. From this I thought that dreams are very interesting and I wanted to write a piece about dreams and maybe what happens when they leave.

#5.

The Big Bang Theory 

There was this one episode of the Big Bang Theory where some guy was trying to hire Penny when she was working for Bernadett but than Bernadett came along and basically told that guy to offer her more money or something because she wasn’t going to lose Penny that easily. I liked the idea of that but I also wanted to make that more serious, like maybe a character was interviewing for a job they wanted to have for as long as they can remember and how that person would feel towards the other if they screwed it up for them. I could also possibly tie in that argument with my inspiration for Marriage Story as well.

#6.

Poetry Book

There was a poetry book I read recently: The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace, and one poem really stuck with me. It went like this:

I emulated that into this:

You brought       

the needle 

& I brought the thread.

We meant to mend 

Our two lost souls,

But ended up 

Getting lost in

Each other’s

Eyes

Instead

❤️ 

#7.

The Entire CW Class 2019-2020

In alphabetic order:

Abhay

He inspired me to be better every day when we were practicing spoken words through his immense passion and emotion. His writing in general is amazing and has a sophisticated voice which I should try to work on. As well as I don’t think I’ll forget him singing grenade when he was like 6 aaaaanyyyy time soon!

Alyna

From the very first day, I was inspired by her piece she shared with the class: bullets. It was a beautifully crafted piece with so much emotion that along with hearing Sarah’s piece, What is your Silence Like led me to be vulnerable for my piece Daisy. I found Alyna’s writing so beautiful and raw which I knew I wanted to work on and just by reading her work and speaking with her I think really enhanced my writing overall.

Camdyn

She blows me away with her emotional pieces all the time and helps me when I need something to be read over and she really helped me drive through my emotion for my spoken word by watching hers and she helped me with my piece. And she inspires me by being her every day, she’s not scared to be herself and it helped me by doing the same in my writing.

Faryal

Her pieces always have such a beautiful poetic dash to it that makes reading her work really wonderful! I think I was able to implement that a little into mine by reading her pieces.

Maira

Her pieces have a wonderful voice to them which helps weave her pieces together, which is something I wanted to work on and I think seeing hers as an example helped me do that.

Melody

She has SUCH a fantastically creative mind that blows me away. I was listening to her idea for her fiction piece and I’m SO EXCITED to read it! She brings fantasy to her writing which I have only done once before but I think she has definitely inspired me to do another one later.

Nazeefa

I literally can’t say how much this girl inspires me every day! She helped me so much with growing my confidence for my spoken word. Her writing is absolutely fabulous. She’s pretty much always there to help me or to also crack a funny joke. She inspires me to be a better writer from any of her pieces and a better person by her amazing attitude!

Pierce

He usually writes about very serious things, which I pretty much never do, so by reading his work I got a fresh new voice in my head which was interesting. I’m also currently working on a more serious piece and it’s good to read his work so I can compare.

Reegan

Her spoken word resonated with me so much! The voice she created and the attitude of the her telling it was excellently done! And the metaphor of the carousel was amazing! I’m inspired to use more intelligent metaphors in my work as well.

Sarah

Besides her inspiring me on the first day with her piece What is Your Silence Like she inspired me every day after. She inspired me to be more confident in presenting and she also boosted my confidence by the many sweet compliments she gave me! Her writing style is unique and brilliant and her tones can change and morph to have a variety of many different amazing genres which is something I really want to work on.

Savannah

She has such an interesting voice that always sweeps me off my feet whenever I read her pieces. The genres are as interesting as the actual stories she is telling (which is 100% interesting)! I want to implement more of her creative mind into my writing as well which I am also currently working on, so I’m excited to see how that turns out especially because I have hers as a nice template!

Tina

I technically kinda already did Tina, but that was more of a joke inspiration than anything else. But truly, this QUEEN, although she torments me 10000000000000000000000 times a day, will never stop being an inspiration to me. Her writing? AMAZING! Her tone for all her pieces? BRILLIANT! She is honestly the first person I got to for proofing my writing to make it the best it can be because she has never failed me yet and because she’s a fantastic writer! She ALWAYS pushes me out of my comfort zone, and although it can be really annoying, I’m really better for it (except that one time she called me out for being the shortest kid in school among other untrue things).

Tolu

WOW! Honestly, the lovely aesthetic of her blog and all her titles, and all her pieces are truly and utterly remarkable! The number of times I have sighed in awe of her writing is just too much. The amount of passion and vulnerability she puts in her writing is what I aspire to hopefully become one day!

Tony

I mean…this guy is already a published author, nuff said there! His writing is really incredible and the language he uses is amazing! The topics he covers is very interesting and since he has a love for those topics as well puts a really cool flair in his writing which is great to see!

Unas

I especially liked his anecdote Jeddah, oh Jeddah which was very well written. I especially enjoyed the spots of humor which I really want to incorporate into my own writing. He also co-wrote the board poem which was, for lack of a better word, …interesting. I hope to be able to incorporate humor into my own writing as effortlessly as him.

Zaid

His writing really took a turning point for the better during this year. He’s inspired me to be more vulnerable with my writing especially in the romantic sense. He was the other co-writer for that poem along with Unas. His passion for his writing really blossomed and I hope to incorporate that into my own writing as well! (Also I really appreciated you making fun of Tina)!

print